What We Do
Armstrong Audiology and Hearing Aid Clinic, located in the hub of Sault Ste. Marie, is dedicated to identifying hearing loss and ear-related disorders, and providing appropriate hearing solutions whether through hearing aids, assistive listening devices, hearing protection devices as well as individual or group rehabilitation counselling. We strive to rely on the input of our patients to better serve and suit their individual and personal needs.
The relationships we form with each of our clients are founded on trust and listening to each individual and their specific needs. We know how important hearing and listening is to people, and the impact it can have on their daily lives. We take great pleasure in serving familiar and new faces, so feel free to stop by or contact us at any time and we will gladly answer any questions as we take great pride in what we do!
Our mission is to provide the gift of hearing to patients and their families by providing them with expert services and ongoing support. We aim to conduct our business with honesty, fairness and integrity in a professional and comfortable environment.
Audiological (Hearing) Testing
Comprehensive audiological evaluations for all age groups are provided by a licensed and certified Audiologist with no referral necessary.
Infant and Pediatric Hearing Screenings/Assessments
Specialized audiometric testing is available for infant and pediatric hearing screenings and full assessments along with appropriate monitoring, intervention and ENT referrals initiated when necessary.
Industrial/Other Hearing Screenings
Company contracts for occupational screenings, full assessments and monitoring available. WSIB hearing claim requests provided as well.
Full tinnitus (ringing in the ears) evaluations including frequency and threshold targeting provided, along with counselling and provision of tinnitus masking solutions/devices.
Central Auditory Processing (CAP) Evaluations
Auditory Processing disorders (APD), also known as central auditory processing disorder (CAPD), is a hearing problem that primarily affects school-aged children. It is a condition that affects one's ability to process auditory information correctly even with normal hearing acuity. The SCAN-3 for Children (ages 5-12 yrs) or the SCAN-3 for Adolescents and Adults (ages 13-50 yrs) is used to assess auditory processing ability.
- Hearing Aid selection/prescriptions to meet individual needs/budget
- Assistive Device Program (ADP) applications
- Conventional to state of the art hearing aid styles and technologies (including wireless and blue tooth)
- Tinnitus masking devices
- All brands and wide range of pricing available (with payment plan available upon request)
- 90 day trial period
- Individual education/counselling on hearing aid fittings, care, use and adaptation process
- No charge unlimited follow up care, cleaning, minor repairs and programming adjustments
- Outcall/Home Visits available for hearing aid troubleshooting, repairs or adjustments when necessary.
For more on hearing aid styles and devices click here.
- Amplified telephones
- Assistive listening devices including FM systems and blue tooth technologies
- Infrared systems for the TV and wireless TV links for hearing aids
- Personal amplifiers
- Amplified stethescopes with custom earpieces
- Custom earpieces for wireless "hands free" remotes for cell phones
- Urgent response devices such as smSoke detectors, doorbells and alarms
- Standard custom earmolds for hearing aids
- Custom environmental noise protection ear plugs (industrial, recreational, sleep etc)
- Custom Musician ear plugs
- Custom Swim molds and headbands (variety of styles and colours)
- Specialty molds for cell phones, i-pods, Walkman, Ear Monitors etc.
- Hearing aid Battery Club
- Assistive device batteries
Third Party Claims
Authorizer and Vendor for Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), Veteran's Affairs, Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) and most third party insurances.